PICNICKING AT THE TOMALES BAY OYSTER FARM
ALERT! WE ARE INSTITUTING BIG CHANGES!
We are currently in a permitting process with Marin County. Because of restrictions on our use permit, WE ARE NOT TAKING RESERVATIONS AT THIS TIME. We allow small groups to use one table only on a walk-in, first come, first served basis. We are not accommodating large groups wanting to use two tables. Talk to us at the blue sales table directly in front of the oyster holding tanks to get a space. Our picnic area is open every day between 9 a.m. and 4:45 p.m.
WE WILL HONOR EXISTING RESERVATIONS AS-IS!
Please carpool, arrive early, and help us at this critical time to complete the county process. WE CHARGE $5 DOLLAR DAY USE PER ADULT FOR WALK-IN PICNICKING. Children under 14 are free.
There is one exception to our no reservation policy. Large groups arriving by bus may be accommodated. Please call us in advance, Monday through Friday, between ten a.m. and three p.m. at (415) 663-1243. You must provide confirmation of group transport before we will finalize your reservation. Each table holds about ten people and costs $220 ($100 is a day use fee, and $120 is pre-paid toward oysters, nonrefundable). If you do not pay for your reservation at least ten days in advance, we will cancel it.
before we can accept payment to secure your reservation, we need a conformation for consolidated transport.
Here are some transportation services for your convenience (but of course you are not limited to these options):
(1) Gateway Limousines Worldwide (650) 697.5548
(2) San Francisco Minibus (415) 845.6830
(3) Ed’s Tourist (323) 851.0939
(4) Cali Party Bus (415) 692.1465
(5) Bauer’s (415) 263.4004
If you have any questions, comments or concerns, please feel free to drop us a line or a ring at 415.663.1242.
If you are interested, Indian Peach Catering Company caters on site. You can email them at email@example.com. We’re available to host corporate events.
For a traveling oyster bar, we reccomend The Oyster Girls. You reach them via email at info@TheOysterGirls.com, or call (707) 694-3755.
WHAT TO BRING
- an empty cooler for oysters
- picnicking supplies like tablewear, napkins, tongs for the grill, and cups.
- side dishes, drinks, and beer or wine
- dogs, so long as they’re kept on leash, friendly with pets and people, and cleaned up after
- layers, a jacket, sunscreen, and a sun hat (the costal weather here changes quickly!)
WHAT NOT TO BRING
- Please limit meat, fish, and poultry.
- Hard alcohol is not permitted.
- Do not bring your own grill—they are a fire hazard.
- Do not bring a stereo, speakers, or a boom box. We play our own music, and ask that you do not play yours.
We sell charcoal, limes, lemons. gloves, sauces, shucking knives, oysters, clams, and mussels. You may borrow a knife for a $10 dollar deposit, and we’ll return the money when you bring the knife back.
You may walk on the beach, but we do not allow swimming in the oyster area. Please keep an eye on children playing by the water. NO OVERFLOW PICNICKING ON THE BEACH OR ON THE PREMISES. WHEN OUR TABLES ARE FULL, WE ARE FULL and you must take your oysters to go.
Our picnic area fills up fast on weekends, so come before 11 a.m. Tables often become available again around 3 p.m.
THANKS! WE HOPE TO SEE YOU AT THE FARM!