PICNICKING AT THE TOMALES BAY OYSTER FARM
Thank you for visiting our Web site, and be sure to come visit us at our farm and picnic location on Tomales Bay, just about an hour north of the Golden Gate Bridge. We have a few picnic tables and barbecues ready for you to use. Please call if you need more information. Reservations for larger groups, 10 people or more are required! You purchase our oysters, clams and mussels to eat here and treat your neighbors kindly. We accept cash only, an ATM is located next to the sales table for your convenience.
HOW IT WORKS: Your party is welcome to drop in and use a first come first served table and grill with a Maximum 9 people! Groups of 10 people or more need a reservation and MUST PAY A RESERVATION FEE. Any size group may make a reservation however, the table fee still applies.
- Groups of 10 people or more must make a reservation and pay the group fee in advance.
- Group rate is $75 per table and includes the oyster shucker's starter package! Each Table is provided; one shucking knife, set of shucking gloves, fresh lemons or limes, Ice,Tabasco or Tapatio Hot Sauce and One Dozen Farm Fresh Oysters!
- Our picnic area is very popular during the summer and holiday weekends. Parking is limited and groups meeting at TBOC must carpool to the extent possible.
- Our group area fills up fast so book early. Weekdays and wintertime is slower and the weather can be fantastic!
- If our group area is full and you arrive with a large party and no reservation you may be turned away.
- Alternative picnic areas are; Bear Valley and Kenneth Patrick Visitor Centers in the Point Reyes National Seashore, Samuel P. Taylor and Tomales Bay State Parks, Dillon Beach and the Sonoma Coast State Beaches.
- The group rate is $75 per table - $150 for up to 20 people and 2 picnic tables, $225 for up to 30 people and 3 picnic tables.
- Group fee is paid in advance by cash, check or with a credit card over the phone. Fee must be recieved 10 business days (2 weeks) in advance of reservation date or booking will be canceled.
- Cancellations are charged a $10 processing fee.
- Please call our reservations line Monday thru Thursday 10am to 3pm to secure your reservation. 415-663-1243 or e-mail request to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Make check payable to TBOC and Mail to PO Box 847, Marshall Ca 94940
- Larger groups may be accommodated please call to ask.
- Please Carpool!
- We ask a representative from your group be here to check in with us between 10AM and 11AM.
Our BBQ's are for Oysters! Leave the Meat at home. You are welcome to birng side dishes. You can bring drinks, (beer & wine OK sorry, no liquor) tableware, BBQ ware, napkins and cups. We provide grills so please don't bring yours they are a fire hazard. You must buy oysters, clams, or mussels from us ONLY to eat here. Shellfish from other farms prohibited! Take the oysters to your table and eat them raw or BBQ them. A container for ice to keep the oysters fresh.
- We have the basics, which we will happily sell to you: oyster knives, ice, charcoal, limes, Tapatío Hot Sauce, Sartain's "The Sauce," gloves, and of course our beautiful farmed oysters.
- Don't forget a cooler to keep the oysters fresh.
- Here is the best part: You do the shucking!
- If this happens to be your first stab at it, we’ll give you a quick demo and off you go. CHECK OUT OUR VIDEO!
WHAT WE ASK OF YOU WHEN YOU JOIN US FOR THE DAY:
- PARKING ALERT: We have 10 minute parking in front of the sales area for cash and carry only! On busy weekends the parking lot is full by 10 AM. You may park on HWY One, you must be aware it is a 55 MPH Zone and DON'T PARK ON or OVER THE WHITE LINE ON HWY ONE. You may be ticketed. Please be careful and respectful of the road!! PLEASE CARPOOL!!
- PICNIC ALERT: LARGE GROUPS OF 10 PEOPLE OR MORE MUST MAKE A RESERVATION! Up to 9 people on one tables is free and first come first served. Larger parties of 10 people or more must make a reservation and pay a use fee. Parties of up to 20 people are welcome Monday through Friday, Holidays excluded.
- SUMMER WEEKENDS: Once available parking is filled and the picnic area is full no additional groups will be permitted. More tables usually open up after 2 PM. Alternative picnic areas are; Bear Valley and Kenneth Patrick Visitor Centers in the Point Reyes National Seashore, Samuel P. Taylor and Tomales Bay State Parks, Dillon Beach and the Sonoma Coast State Beaches.
- WE RECYCLE. The tall blue containers are for recycling cans, bottles, plasic, cardboad. The flat black trays at the foot of each table are for oyster, clam, and mussel shells only! Each table has a trash barrel for the rest of what you're leaving with us. No shells in the trash!
- PLEASE NO PERSONAL BBQ's. It's a fire hazard and we have plenty here for you.
- WE PLAY OUR OWN MUSIC and ask you not to play yours.
- YOU MAY BRING YOUR DOG. We ask that they be people and dog friendly, must be on a leash at all times, and please pick up after them. Dangerous large aggresive breeds not allowed (Pit Bull)
- RECOMMENDED. A shade structure for sunny days (you are totally out in the elements). Bring sunscreen, hat, and warm clothes for the always changing weather on Tomales Bay.
- OUR BEACH. We have a small beach that you can take a walk on. But no swimming in the oyster area (splashing in the shallow water OK), and please keep an eye on your child if they happen to be playing there. WHEELCHAIR ACCESS. PICNIC TABLES and BATHROOMS.
THE PICNIC AREA DOES FILL UP FAST ON WEEKENDS SO COME EARLY, BEFORE 11AM. THERE IS ALSO A TURNOVER THROUGHOUT THE DAY.